Friday, October 1, 2010

The Pumpkin

Aww pumpkins - the first sign Halloween is near, the inspiration for my beloved pumpkin spiced latte, the ingredient in many a pie, bread and dessert, and let's not forget the blank canvas for a potential masterpiece.

It's still too early to carve my pumpkin but that doesn't mean I can't start planning. As a child my pumpkins were simple - 2 triangle eyes, a triangle nose and a toothy grin - in other words, a masterpiece. Now that I'm older, I prefer a bit more of a challenge. I still have no idea what to carve but here's a blast from my recent past. None of these were actually carved by yours truly but by my fiance and some friends.




To get my brain juices flowing on what to carve this year, I've been browsing the web. Some of the places I've found useful include Extreme Pumpkins and eHow Halloween Templates. You could also just search 'pumpkin carving' in Google images. Be creative people! After all, how often do you get to carve pumpkins?

No comments:

Post a Comment